Hi, Ursuline’s students, good morning. Have you prayed today? I hope you have. You are really great! I would like to share about DIDAHCHE. What is it?
Didache is Foundational Christian Instruction. A manual for a discipleship process
“Go out to the whole; proclaim the Gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned” (Mark 16: 15-16 NJB).
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, thefore, make disciples of all nations; baptize them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to observe all the commands I gave you. And look, I am with you always; yes to the end of time” (Matthew 28: 18-20 NJB).
The Good News is the Lord Jesus Christ, who is to be proclaimed and presented to all by whatever means as the greatest and unsurpassable-nay, as the only value that really matters in this life. “I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him” (Philippians 3: 8-9 NIV)
In order to better understand the concept of discipleship, here are some principles:
1. Basis : Word of Jesus and the Disciple’s Obedience.
2. Total Commitment.
4. Motivation : Love
This DIDACHE : Foudational Christian Instructional Manual is a follow up of basic evangelization. It will contain several modules of topics that are foundational to Christian discipleship. This is designed to initiate the Christian disciple into an intimacy with the Lord, to lead him to a clearer and deeper understanding of what Christian life is all about.
May this manual of instruction serve this purpose. May the Christian disciple more clearly appreciate the life which he has been called to by our Lord Jesus Christ. May he come to know Jesus Christ more intimately, as he sincerely accepts his invitation: “Come and see” (John 1:39), and daily strive to walk in his footsteps. May he, after a period of intense discipleship, come to a point in his life when he will be able to confidently profess with St. Paul: “Life to me, of course, is Christ” (Philippians 1:21 NJB).
MODULE 1 : WHAT IS EFFECTIVE PRAYER?
1. Recall the wheel of Christian life, in which prayer is the number one spoke that connects our daily Christian life with the power and direction that our Lord Jesus Christ offers. Prayer is necessary for the Christian to grow in his personal relationship with Christ.
2. Recall the account of the Acts of the Apostles, which tells us how the first believers in Jerusalem remained faithful not only to the Apostolic teaching but also to the prayers.
3. The first module of the DIDACHE series is therefore devoted to lessons on effective prayer, designed for the Christian to go deeper in his personal intimate relationship with the Lord.
1. What can we expect when we pray?
1. God will reveal himself and will answer us when we pray (Jeremiah 29:12-14)
2. When we pray we can expect changes in ourselves (2 Corinthians 3:18)
3. We too can expect changes even in circumstances around us (James 5:17-18)
2. Spiritural basis for effective prayer
1. James 5:16b “Pray for one another to be cured; the heartfelt prayer of someone upright works very powerfully.” A righteous life is a prerequisite for effective prayer.
2. Luke 11:9 “So I say toyou; ask and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.” Our Lord Jesus Christ himself promises results when we pray.
3. John 15:7 “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for whatever you please and you will get it.” Close intimacy with Christ assures us of effectivity in prayer.
4. Mark 11:22-24 and James 1:6-8. Solid faith in God’s almighty power.
5. 1 John 5:14. Asking according to God’s will assures us of results in prayer.
3. Our attitude to God in prayer : humility, sincerity, reverent submission.
4. Purpose of prayer : seeking God, asking for Him, offering to God, receiving from God, listening to God.
5. Results of prayer : power of God manifested, prayers answered, empowering for spiritual battles, forgiveness and healing, changed lives, salvation, others are blassed too.
1. What are the things you want God to change in your life? How do you think God will answer your prayer?
2. What are the things you regularly request of God? Do you think God will answer you? Why?
“Please, write your reflection!”
Diposkan oleh Elias Anwar Senin, 17 Mei 2010